Upon your return, you will notice a different facility. Our staff have been working very hard setting up the required COVID-19 physical distancing, cleanliness and minimal touch point protocols.
As B.C. enters Step 3 of the Restart Plan, the Northern Sport Centre remains committed to following all the orders issued by the Provincial Health Officer.
Effective August 25, 2021 until further notice:
- Wearing a mask while in the public areas of the facility is required. You do not have to wear one while exercising.
- Continue to practice physical distancing.
- Stay home if you are feeling ill.
Players must follow the safe play recommendations from Squash BC. Some of them include:
- No sweat wall wiping.
- Avoid all physical contact.
- Do not share equipment.
Your cooperation is key to the Northern Sport Centre’s successful re-open. We will only accept 100% compliance. Players who fail to follow our guidelines will be asked to leave the facility and may not be welcome to return.
The Northern Sport Centre is home to the city's premier squash courts.
Two courts are side-by-side and located on the main level of the facility. Play is open to members and the general public.
- Squash courts will be booked in sixty (60) minute increments.
- Double bookings are not permitted. One booking per day, per player.
- Bookings can be made seven (7) days in advance.
- Bookings will start, and end on the half hour. eg. 10:30am, end thirty (30) minutes before the facility closes. These times will vary depending on the day, and our seasonal hours.
- Please be respectful of other players. Cancel your booking if unable to attend.
- Wearing eye protection is mandatory.
- Only closed-toe shoes are permitted. They must be clear, gum-soled or white.
- Outdoor shoes are not permitted.
- Report any game-related injury or damaged equipment to NSC staff.
- Profanity is prohibited.
- No food permitted including gum. Tobacco products are prohibited.
- If players have not arrived within 5 minutes of their booked game, that time slot is forfeited to those waiting.
- Wearing appropriate athletic attire is required.
- The NSC is not responsible for lost, damaged, or stolen personal items.
- The NSC is a family-friendly facility, behave respectfully.
Any patron unwilling to comply with any of the above may be asked to leave the facility without a refund.
Call 250-960-6366 or stop into the Front Desk to book your game today!