ROMEO, by Process Pathways, is a research administration software tool that allows the Office of Research and Innovation to better manage grants, contracts and awards, as well as research certifications.
As of January 1, 2018 UNBC researchers must now submit the following grant applications and forms through the ROMEO online portal*.
- BC Real Estate Foundation Grant
- RDC Research Award
- Research Strategic Initiatives Grant (RSIG)
- External Grant and Contract Form
The Office of Research and Innovation is currently working toward launching further ROMEO research modules, such as the certification (research ethics and animal care) module. Stay tuned for further updates.
*Please note: Romeo is compatible with Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome and Safari.
Benefits of using ROMEO
- Submit applications for awards and certifications online via Romeo
- Automated routing of applications simplifies obtaining necessary approvals, review committee comments, feedback, and application re-submission
- Multi-user access enables collaboration with other researchers on your grant/certification applications
- Automated checks for application completeness minimizes application re-submission
- Attaching files directly to your application allows team members access to the complete application
- Ability to copy existing applications minimizes the need to re-enter information across similar applications
- Viewing the workflow log keeps you appraised on how your application is progressing through reviews and approvals
- Viewing the project log provides you with a snapshot of any changes made (by you or your team) to your application after initial submission
One-on-one or small group ROMEO training sessions are available upon request. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.