ROMEO, by Process Pathways, is a research administration software tool that allows the Office of Research and Innovation to better manage grants, contracts and awards, as well as research certifications.
As of January 1, 2023 UNBC researchers must submit Human Ethics applications and forms through the ROMEO online portal*. For existing protocols commenced prior to being submitted through the Romeo Research Portal, the REB Renewal and/or Amendment Application (.doc file) posted on the Research Ethics forms web page will continue to be supported for at least one year, and can be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a student (or other non-faculty researcher), your academic supervisor will need to be the one to submit your Human Ethics application on your behalf from their own ROMEO account. Please ensure that you change the "Principal Investigator" in the ROMEO application to your supervisor and add yourself as a Project Team Member with the role of "Principal Applicant" prior to submission. ROMEO applications received from student accounts will be returned by the Office of Research and Innovation for re-submission.
*Please note: Romeo is compatible with Internet Explorer, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome and Safari.
The Office of Research and Innovation also plans to build and launch Animal Care Certification applications and forms in ROMEO in the future. Stay tuned for further updates.
Benefits of using ROMEO
- Submit applications for awards and certifications online via Romeo
- Automated routing of applications simplifies obtaining necessary approvals, review committee comments, feedback, and application re-submission
- Multi-user access enables collaboration with other researchers on your grant/certification applications
- Automated checks for application completeness minimizes application re-submission
- Attaching files directly to your application allows team members access to the complete application
- Ability to copy existing applications minimizes the need to re-enter information across similar applications
- Viewing the workflow log keeps you appraised on how your application is progressing through reviews and approvals
- Viewing the project log provides you with a snapshot of any changes made (by you or your team) to your application after initial submission
One-on-one or small group ROMEO training sessions are available upon request. Please email email@example.com.
"How To" Manuals
Grants and Contracts
Office of Research and Innovation
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for general assistance
Email: email@example.com for ROMEO assistance
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for Human Ethics assistance
Email: Research Project Officer / Research Support Officer for research funding inquiries
Hours: Monday through Friday; 8:30 am to 4:30 pm