Trina Fyfe is the Health Sciences Librarian at UNBC. She began with the NMP in February 2005, just after the first cohort of students arrived on campus. Trina has a PhD from the School of Health Sciences at UNBC and has a Master of Information Studies from the University of Toronto.
Research and Expertise
My research focuses on the decision-making process involved in dealing with low occurrences in clinical situations, particularly in rural areas. This includes exploring the experiences of decision-makers (including patients and caregivers/families), the processes and reasons for the decisions that are made, and knowledge translation in the context of low occurrences in rural areas (such as guideline adaptation). In addition, Trina is interested in knowledge synthesis methodology, health literacy, and medical education.
- Brisbois, B., Hoogeveen, D., Allison, S., Cole, D., Fyfe, T. M., Harder, H. G., & Parkes, M. W. (2021). Storylines of research on resource extraction and health in Canada: A modified metanarrative synthesis. Social Science & Medicine, 277, 113899. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.1016/j.socscimed.2021.113899
- Fyfe, T. M., & Payne, G. W. (2020). Rural healthcare delivery: Navigating a complex ecosystem. Healthc Manage Forum, 33(2), 80-84. https://doi.org/10.1177/0840470419886938
- Fyfe, T. M., Lavoie, J. G., Payne, G. W., & Banner, D. (2020). Rhesus D factor (RhD) negative women's experiences with pregnancy: An interpretive description. Women Birth, 33(6), e511-e518. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wombi.2020.01.008
- Fyfe, T. M., Akins, R., Gagné, P., Cheifetz, C., Petrocelly, S., & Payne, G. W. (2018). Regional Medical Campuses in Canada and the United States: A Systematic Review. Journal of Regional Medical Campuses, 1(3), 1-19. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.24926/jrmc.v1i3.1158
- Fyfe, T. M., Ritchey, M., Taruc, C., Crompton, D., Galliford, B., & Perrin, R. (2014). Appropriate provision of anti-D prophylaxis to RhD negative pregnant women: a scoping review. BMC Pregnancy Childbirth, 14(1), 411. https://doi:10.1186/s12884-014-0411-1
For all of Trina Fyfe’s publications, please visit her Research Net page.