Assistant/Associate Professor

Posting Number:
FAECON01-24
Posting Date:
Tuesday, January 16, 2024 to Sunday, February 25, 2024
Department:
School of Economics
Employer:
UNBC
Job Type:
Tenure-track
Location:
Prince George Campus

Description

The University of Northern British Columbia (UNBC) invites applications for a tenure-track position in the School of Economics at the rank of Assistant/Associate Professor, with a proposed starting date of July 1, 2024. As an institution committed to the fostering of an inclusive and transformative learning environment, UNBC values high quality and growth in both teaching and scholarship.

As we embark on a new strategic vision focused on “Leading a Sustainable Future”, the University of Northern British Columbia invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position at the rank of Assistant/ Associate Professor in the School of Economics, located within the Faculty of Business and Economics. As part of the University’s vision, the Faculty’s mission is to create, translate, and mobilize knowledge of sustainable business and economic development practices in rural and remote locations and the global economy. The anticipated starting date for this position is July 1, 2024. For an assistant professor appointment, candidates must have completed, or be close to completion of, a PhD in Economics by the time of appointment. The School welcomes qualified applications in all areas of economics. However, preference will be given to candidates with expertise in Macroeconomics and/or related to the Economics of Public Policy. Exceptional candidates who have a PhD in Economics and relevant experience might be considered at the rank of associate professor, subject to budget approval.

Candidates should demonstrate that they will establish themselves as recognized scholars, producing internationally recognized research. They should also provide evidence or potential of effective teaching at undergraduate and graduate levels. Candidates should also indicate additional areas of teaching interests if applicable and potential contributions to pedagogical innovation and excellence. Demonstrated ability to contribute positively to an interdisciplinary work environment and the strategic vision of the University is an asset.

The School offers an undergraduate and Master’s degree in economics with an applied focus, along with contributing to other University programs. More information about the School of Economics at UNBC can be found at: UNBC School of Economics.

For information including application instructions, please see the below link to the job posting.

Document: