This year we are holding a Virtual Career Fair to help you meet and connect with potential employers that are looking to hire.
Are you looking to connect with employers or learn about career opportunities in your field of study?
Are you looking for summer employment, an internship, or full-time/part-time employment?
Are you a recent graduate of UNBC and want to work in your field of study?
Join us on March 10, 2021 from 10am-3pm for our first Virtual Career Fair!
Why should you attend?
The virtual Career fair will provide you with an opportunity to:
- Explore job opportunities
- Enquire about hiring processes
- Network with potential employers
- Learn about a company's culture
- Strategize your career plan
- Get a jump on your future
A complete list of exhibitors can be viewed in the document below.
Easy Virtual Fair Platform
Students will be using the Easy Virtual Fair platform to connect virtually with employers. The virtual employer booths have the functionality for you to interact with employers in real time, gather information and apply for positions.
Guide on How to Navigate the Virtual Career Fair:
- Use the Easy Fair link to access the Virtual Fair:
- Click on the virtual booth you are interested in and scroll to the bottom. Various icon options will appear.
- Choose the "presentation icon" and click on the Zoom or Teams link to communicate and interact with employers.
- The Zoom / Teams link will provide you with the ability to chat, video call, and audio call with the employers.
- Offers Icon: View job postings and career opportunities
- Downloadable Documents: Brochure, handouts
- Institution Profile: Companies information
- Website Links: Companies website
- Videos: Promotional material
- Social Media: Links to companies social media accounts / profiles
While registering for the event is not required, it is recommended. Students who register will be entered into a prize draw. Students can register using the following link https://cnc.bc.ca/services/prince-george/student-employment/northworks/northworks-participants/
We encourage students to come prepared by bringing an updated resume. Please wear business attire as there may be an opportunity to virtually meet with an employer through video conference.
For more information on how to:
- Develop a professional resume and cover letter
- Stand out on your job search
- Prepare for an interview
- Create a LinkedIn profile
Visit the Career Prep Tools webpage.
Furthermore, to prepare for this event, please refer to the Sample Networking Questions document. These are sample questions you can ask at the career fair to build bridges.