UNBC, as the Employer, approaches bargaining with strategic themes and encourages Unions to work with us to explore common interests to reach collective agreements that support the strategic direction of the University. The Employer seeks to achieve outcomes that support the University’s guiding principles as outlined in its strategic planning processes:
- Invest in the core mission in alignment with strategic priorities.
- Take a strategy-driven, data-informed, risk-based approach.
- Foster mutually respectful relationships and employee success.
- Strive for effectiveness, efficiencies, and collective excellence.
- Demonstrate transparency, accountability, and fiscal stability.
- Embrace social responsibility and relevance.
The Employer is committed to providing accurate information to faculty and staff during the bargaining process.