How to Submit your Assignments
Your instructor should provide you with instructions for submission of assignments. If your instructor is located at another campus, he/she may ask you to submit assignments through the internal mail. The University's inter-campus, internal mail is a courier bin service between the Prince George Campus and the regional campuses. Assignments being sent to instructors through the courier bins to Chetwynd and Dawson Creek will be delivered through Northern Lights College inter-campus mail. Assignments for Fort Nelson should be sent to Fort St. John where it will be placed in the mail. The inter-campus mail is centralized in Dawson Creek so please allow approximately three days for distribution of materials to these campuses.
- Course materials delivered through the courier bins will be picked up on a daily basis and delivered to the appropriate class. Please allow one extra day for distribution of materials on the receiving end.
- Delivery service is overnight unless otherwise noted.
- All mail arriving from outside the Peace River- Liard Region will be sent via the Prince George Campus courier to the Fort St. John campus and then delivered through Northern Lights College inter-campus mail or Canada Post to the appropriate campus. This service will involve up to three days additional delivery time.
Label and Date Stamp Your Submission
All mail should be clearly labelled with the instructor's name and location. Assignments should be date stamped at the designated drop off point before being sent to the instructor.
Community Specific Procedures
Items dropped off for delivery should arrive at the drop-off point at each campus as follows:
- The courier service is available every Tuesday and Thursday through Northern Lights College inter-campus mail or Canada Post. Assignments should be dropped off at the Front Desk before 12:00 noon. Assignments can be picked up at the Front Desk as well.
- Assignments can be picked up or sent through the Northern Lights College inter-campus mail. All materials to be sent out should arrive at the Switchboard before 9:30 am.
Fort St John
- Students should drop off assignments at the UNBC Regional Campus in Fort St. John before 12:00 pm.
- Assignments may be sent via Canada Post to Fort St. John (takes approximately 3 days to reach the Fort St. John campus and another day to reach Prince George, if needed) or faxed to the instructor. Course materials can be picked up at the Front Desk.
- UNBC students may send assignments through Canada Post or fax them to the instructor. Course materials can be picked up at the Front Desk.
Courier Strike Procedures
In case of a courier strike, mailing instructions will be made available as early as possible. It is your responsibility, however, to keep in contact with both your instructor and us to check on the arrangements.
Students enrolled in UNBC courses at Chetwynd, Dawson Creek, Fort St. John, Fort Nelson, and Tumbler Ridge may purchase textbooks directly from the campus in Fort St. John. Please contact the Peace River-Liard Campus to make arrangements for payment and delivery.
- Northern Lights College Computer lab is available to students. For availability of the labs students should contact the Office Administration Instructor.
- The Dawson Creek Campus has a computer lab in the Resource Room and an open lab in the evening. There is also computer access in the Library. Please check with the Switchboard or Student Services for available times.
Fort St John
- UNBC students can access two computers in the UNBC office at the Peace River-Liard Campus in Fort St. John from 8:30am-12:00pm and 1:00-4:30pm Monday-Friday. See Regional Campus staff for other hours of availability.
- Two computer labs are available at the campus. Students should check with the Front Desk for availability. The campus also has 4 computers available for student use in the Library (2 Macs and 2 IBM's)
- Computer labs are available at the Northern Lights College campus. Students should check with the Front Desk for availability.