Organizations are under pressure to respond rapidly to change, meet customer needs and maximize resources. Project Managers help organizations meet these challenges by establishing consistent, repeatable methodologies that reduce risk, cut waste and provide a competitive advantage.
Risk Management is designed for project managers who want to proactively reduce the probability of project failure.
This course teaches proven approaches and techniques specific to risk management. You will learn to plan and analyze projects so as to minimize risk in a formal environment. Prepare to identify, analyze, and address uncertainty throughout the project lifecycle and incorporate lessons learned and industry best practices related to risk management.
You will apply PMI risk management processes in a practical way to eliminate, mitigate, and minimize threats while maximizing and optimizing opportunities.
Training follows the Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), by the Project Management Institute, and is taught by experienced PMP®-certified instructors. Offered in partnership with Global Knowledge.
Risk Management can be taken individually or as part of the Associate Certificate in Project Management as offered by UNBC Continuing Studies.
This course qualifies you for the following PMI® Professional Development Units (PDUs):
- Strategic and Business Management = 6
- Technical Project Management = 15
- Total = 21
- Assess overall project riskiness
- Manage uncertainty in terms of both opportunities and threats
- Role of a risk management plan
- Risk within an execution strategy
- Conduct qualitative risk assessments in order to rank risks
- Conduct quantitative risk assessments in order to adequately budget for uncertainty
- Develop risk response plans for significant risks
- Monitor and control uncertainty during execution
- Ensure success by understanding the role of a risk management plan and lessons learned
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday
- 12:00pm-6:00pm PST
Please note that courses may be cancelled at any time due to low enrolment. Upon cancellation, registrants will receive a full refund.