We’re looking forward to welcoming everyone back as we return to campus to launch the 2021 Fall Semester this week.
In today’s update:
- Return-to-Campus Checklist
- Town Hall Sept. 2 Recap
- Pop-up Vaccination Clinics
- Returning Equipment to Campus
The health and safety of the UNBC community is of utmost importance. We are here to support you as you return to attend or teach face-to-face classes, resume your research, or work on campus in a safe and effective manner. Establishing a safe and healthy environment for yourself and those around you is key. Here’s a checklist of what you can do:
- Know the symptoms of COVID-19 and complete a daily health assessment. If you are sick, stay at home. Learn about the self-assessment tool at https://bc.thrive.health
- Wear a mask (if you are able). By order of the Provincial Health Officer, they are required in public indoor spaces on campus including classrooms, lobbies, hallways, stairwells, elevators, classrooms, labs as well as within the Library, Bookstore and Northern Sport Centre.
- Wash your hands regularly.
- If you are not yet vaccinated, create a plan to receive your COVID-19 vaccination. You can book your first and second doses via the Immunize B.C. website. Drop-ins are also welcome at most Northern Health clinics. For details visit Northern Health’s COVID-19 immunization clinics website.
- As a reminder, in B.C., free vaccines are available to students arriving from international destinations and other provinces.
Return-To-Campus Town Hall Sept. 2
Thanks to everyone who attended our virtual Town Hall on Sept. 2 during which we provided several updates on our return-to-campus planning. I hope it answered some of your questions and concerns that you have. If you missed it, I encourage you to watch it.
Pop-up Vaccination Clinics
We have worked closely with Northern Health to organize several pop-up vaccination clinics at our campuses this week.
Northern Health will be on our Prince George campus on today, Sept. 8 and Friday, Sept. 10 from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. in the Agora Courtyard. The free clinic is open to all students, faculty and staff who need a first or second dose of their COVID-19 dose. Students at our regional campuses will be notified directly of opportunities close to them.
If you can’t attend the UNBC clinics, you can find more information about the clinics available in Prince George or near you on Northern Health’s COVID-19 immunization clinics website.
Returning Equipment to Campus
If you took equipment (computers, monitors, chairs etc.) home while working remotely, we need to make sure to check-in when you return it to campus.
If you unload at the loading bay, please stop at the counter so our Distribution Services staff can note the asset information. If you unload directly to your office, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the asset decal number so the tracking sheet can be adjusted.
Thank you again. Stay safe, and thank you!
President and Vice-Chancellor (Interim)