Awards and Financial Aid helps students obtain the funds necessary to finance their UNBC education and to provide educational budgeting services. Funds may be obtained from a variety of sources, including government and bank loans, private, corporate, and public scholarships and bursaries, and UNBC awards.
Main Annual 2022-2023 UNBC Awards Competition
The main Annual 2022-2023 UNBC Awards Competition opened Oct 15th/21 and will close on Apr 1st/22. This competition is for all categories of incoming/new and continuing/in-program undergraduate and graduate students who plan to be registered in courses for the Sep 2022 Semester.
Students Applying for Admission to Sep 2022 Semester Entry
Incoming/new undergraduate students must wait until they have an offer of admission from UNBC in order to permit them access to use the online UNBC awards application via their MyUNBC portal. *Incoming/new graduate/doctoral students who receive an offer of admission can apply using the online UNBC Awards application. However, for those incoming graduate/doctoral students who do not have an offer of admission by mid-March 2022, they should contact UNBC Awards & Financial Aid Students to obtain a pdf.fillable application.
Award categories for Incoming/New Undergraduate and Graduate Students will be as follows:
- High School (Grade 12 students coming for 1st year studies in Sep 2022): Early Entrance Awards (Jan 15th/22 Deadline to have applied for admission and apply for EEA with a Leadership Component); Entrance Awards & General Awards (Apr 1st/22 Deadline).
- Other New Undergraduate Students (those coming to UNBC for the first time who have less than 18 credit hours of transfer credit): Entrance Awards & General Awards (Apr 1st/22 Deadline).
- Undergraduate Transfer Students (students transfering to UNBC with 18 credit hours or more): In-Course Undergraduate Awards (>17 credits) & General Awards (Apr 1st/22 Deadline).
- *Applicants for Graduate or Doctoral Studies (Masters/PhD): Graduate Awards (Masters/PhD) & General Awards (Apr 1st/22 Deadline)
*For those incoming/new graduate/doctoral students who do not have an offer of admission by mid-March 2022, they should contact UNBC Awards & Financial Aid Students to obtain a pdf.fillable application.
Continuing/In-Program Undergraduate & Graduate Students
UNBC students already in-program (i.e. students continuing in their undergraduate, graduate/doctoral programs) are able to apply using their MyUNBC (Student Online Services) portal. Click on Awards & Financial Aid, then on Award Application. Then choose the appropriate award category as follows by clicking on the "apply" link:
- Undergraduate Students: In-Course Undergraduate Awards (>17 credits) & General Awards (Apr 1st/22 Deadline).
- Graduate/Doctoral Students: Graduate Awards (Masters/PhD) & General Awards (Apr 1/22 Deadline).
Here are some Tips for Completing the UNBC Online Award Application
For other funding ideas, scroll down this page to the "Non-UNBC Awards" column where you will find external award search engines. Also review the "News" tab in the lower left-hand side of this webpage for a snapshot of external awards with deadlines coming up.
For graduate students/applicants (Master's & PhD) you may also want to check out the awards listed via www2.unbc.ca/research/funding-opportunities . Also, review the Graduate Entrance Research Scholarship (GERS) info by clicking on the side menu button entitled "Graduate Awards".
- UNBC Scholars
- Early Entrance Awards
- Entrance Awards
- In-Course Undergraduate Awards
- General Awards
- Awards for First Nations Applicants & Students
- Regional Awards & Awards for Residents of Northern BC
- Awards for Students with Disabilities
- Affiliation Awards
- Graduate Awards
- Dean/Graduate Program's Awards
- Nordic Sport Leadership Awards