Most Senate motions dealing with academic program matters go through the Senate Committee on Academic Affairs (SCAAf) or the Senate Committee on Admissions and Degrees (SCAD) prior to being advanced to Senate. Motions containing Aboriginal or First Nations content also need to be reviewed by the Senate Committee on First Nations and Aboriginal Peoples (SCFNAP) prior to being forwarded to SCAAf or SCAD, so additional time is required for these motions to reach Senate as a result of the monthly meeting schedules for the different Senate committees. A document outlining the Senate motion approval process, including Senate and Senate committee timelines, is accessible at the link below.
Click on the link below to view or download a PDF document outlining the Senate motion approval process:
Click on the links below to view or download the appropriate motion forms and supporting forms, such as checklists or Library forms. All the motion and supporting forms are Microsoft Word documents.
Senate Committee on Academic Affairs (SCAAf)
- SCAAF New Academic Program Proposal Motion Form
- SCAAF New Course Approval Motion Form
- *** CHECKLIST for SCAAF New Course Approval Motion Form (to assist with the completion of the motion form; complete and retain for your records)
- SCAAF New Course Approval Library Form
- SCAAF Proposed Revision of Calendar Entry Motion Form (if Admissions-related, please use SCAD motion form below)
- SCAAF General Motion Form (use this motion form for all other SCAAF motions, such as agreements)
Senate Committee on Admissions and Degrees (SCAD)
- SCAD Proposed Revision of Calendar Entry Motion Form (Use this motion form for any admissions-related calendar revisions)
- SCAD General Motion Form (use this motion form for all other SCAD motions)