The UNBC Medical Clinic is located in the Library building of the Prince George campus. We are a team of medical professionals that work collaboratively to provide a variety of medical services and are here to help coordinate your health care needs while you are studying at UNBC.
Please note, the UNBC Medical Clinic serves registered on-campus students during their time in Prince George. To best support your health care needs, if you are already connected with a Primary Care Provider, we recommend contacting them as a first option to support your medical needs.
If you are a UNBC student, but not currently located in Prince George or previously connected to our clinic, we recommend connecting with your local Primary Care Provider, local medical clinic or see the options located under urgent and after hours services tab. If you are uncertain, feel free to call our clinic and we would be happy to discuss your concerns and help you determine the best options for your health care needs.
Hours of Operation:
Monday to Thursday: 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. | 1:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m
Friday: 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Room #: 5-161
- Call the office to schedule a pre-booked appointment.
- Our receptionist will ask for the nature of your visit to ensure enough time is booked.
- Bring your health card, student card, and any pre-existing medical documentation to appointments.
Medical services offered
- Mental health support and management
- Medical assessment and treatment of new and existing conditions
- Contraception and sexual health counselling
- Minor procedures
- Vaccinations (flu shots available in the fall)
- Health education
- And more! If you aren't sure, come ask.
UNBC Student Extended Health Plan
Student Extended Health Benefits help cover costs of pharmacy medications, dental, and other services. This is part of student fees for UNBC students who do not opt-out of the plan. Benefits are through SunLife's I Have a Plan. For more information:
International Student's Health Insurance and BC Medical Services Plan (MSP)
UNBC requires that all students have health insurance while studying. All International students will be automatically enrolled in health insurance. This insurance is mandatory for all new international students.
If English is not your first language, translation services are available by phone with the Provincial Health Services Authority.