The UNBC Medical Clinic is located on the Prince George campus and is available to all registered students at UNBC. We are a team of medical professionals that work collaboratively to provide a variety of medical services. We function like most primary care, medical and family doctor's clinics, and we are here to help coordinate your healthcare needs while you are studying at UNBC.
Please note that the Medical Clinic has moved locations to 5-161 in the Library building.
Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. / 1:15 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Room #: 5-161
- Call the office to schedule a pre-booked appointment.
- Our receptionist will ask for the nature of your visit to ensure enough time is booked.
- Bring your health card, student card, and any pre-existing medical documentation to appointments.
Medical services offered
- Mental health support and management
- Medical assessment and treatment of new and existing conditions
- Contraception and sexual health counselling
- Minor procedures
- Vaccinations (flu shots available in the fall)
- Health education
- And more! If you aren't sure, come ask.
UNBC Student Extended Health Plan
Student Extended Health Benefits help cover costs of pharmacy medications, dental, and other services. This is part of student fees for UNBC students who do not opt-out of the plan. Benefits are through SunLife's I Have a Plan. For more information:
International Student's Health Insurance and BC Medical Services Plan (MSP)
UNBC requires that all students have health insurance while studying. All International students will be automatically enrolled in health insurance. This insurance is mandatory for all new international students.
If English is not your first language, translation services are available by phone with the Provincial Health Services Authority.