The faculty of the School of Nursing are active in many different areas of nursing-related research. Nursing students also have the ability to participate in some of this research activity. This page is intended to highlight selected research projects.
Sample of Past Research Topics
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
- Primary Care Management of the Heart Failure Patient requiring an Implanted Cardioverter Defibrillator
- The Potential for Topical Ketamine as Treatment for Older Adults with Postherpetic Neuralgia as Prescribed by Nurse Practitioners in British Columbia
- Screening for Food Insecurity in Primary Care to Enhance the Management of Dysglycemia in Individuals with Type 2 Diabetes
- Barriers to Breast Cancer Survivorship Care in Primary Health Care
- Can Mhealth, when Monitored by a Primary Care Provider Maintain Hemoglobin A1C Values in Target Range with Adolescents Between the Ages of 10-19 Diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus?
- Barriers and Facilitators to Medical Assistance in Dying (MAID) Discussions in Primary Care
- Role of Primary Care Providers in Prehabilitation of Colorectal Cancer Surgery Patients: An Integrative Literature Review
- Mindfulness and the Primary Care Provider
- Barriers to Sexually Transmitted Infections Testing in Young Men Who Have Sex With Men
- What Are The Impacts When Primary Care Providers Diminish Stigma For Patients With Opioid Use Disorder in British Columbia?
- Risk Assessment Tool Available to Inform a Nurse Practitioner's Determination of Tolerable Risk
- Being There and Being With Families: Family Understanding of Public Health Nurse-Family Relationships
- Narrative Literature and Gap Analysis of Diabetes Services in a Community Setting
- Using Appreciative Inquiry to Understand the Integration of Interprofessional Teams Within Primary Care Networks
- Analyzing Education and Clinical Practices to Optimize Parental Health Literacy: Gap Analysis
- The Waiting Period: Challenges and Opportunities to Support Caregivers and Persons with Dementia During Transitions to Long-Term Care
Health Sciences PhD (supervised by Nursing faculty)
- Continuity in Primary Healthcare Encounters
Health Sciences MSc (supervised by Nursing faculty)
- Patient Safety in Rural Nursing Practice