Introduction to Revit Architecture is a powerful parametric Building Information Modelling (BIM) program used by architects and designers. Students will learn how to create information-rich models for design and fabrication.
For online classes, students are responsible for purchasing their own software for class. Trial versions of the software are sometimes available on the company website, but at this time there are no discounts available for Continuing Studies students.
This course is offered in partnership with OCAD University to offer a wide range of courses for enhancing your career expertise in web, design, photography, analytics, and technology.
Working with Your OCAD U Account
As a student, you will receive an OCAD U user account, which will grant you access to the OCAD U learning management system, called Canvas. Your Canvas account will be enabled one week prior to the start date of your course. Log in at canvas.ocadu.ca.
Contact email@example.com for assistance with using your account.
Many OCAD U courses can be applied towards a certificate. Explore to learn more.
Students seeking a certificate must register with OCAD U via the APPLY link on the page for the certificate concerned.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions concerning certificates available or to confirm your chosen set of courses will qualify.
- Understand the purpose of Building Information Management (BIM) and how it is applied in the Autodesk Revit software
- Navigate the Autodesk Revit workspace and interface
- Work with the basic drawing and editing tools
- Create a 3D building model with walls, curtain walls, windows, and doors
- Add floors, ceilings, and roofs to the building model
- Create component-based and custom stairs
- Add component features, such as furniture and equipment
- Set up sheets for plotting with text, dimensions, details, tags, and schedules
- Creating details
- Create renderings and animated walkthroughs
- 6 online classroom sessions
Please note that courses may be canceled at any time due to low enrolment. Upon cancellation, registrants will receive a full refund.