- Prince George
Mrs. Emily Cheung is a consulting engineering with over 30 years experience in the fields of Civil and Environmental Engineering specializing in Construction Engineering and Hydrotechnical Engineering. Based in Prince George, her career has brought her to Mexico, South America, Europe and Africa.
Mrs Cheung has made significant contributions to engineering at UNBC as well as on a national and international scales. She has served as a board member for the Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia Council, Engineer's Canada, Canadian Engineering Accreditation Board as well as the Prince George Airport Authority. Some of her most significant achievements include:
• Fellowship of Engineers Canada 2008
• Professional Woman of Distinction Award, 2013
• Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure – Deputy Minister Awards for projects in 2010, 2011 and 2012.
• APEGBC DC Lambert Professional Service Award 2014
• UNBC Nomination for Teaching Excellence 2018
• Fellow of the Canadian Society of Senior Engineers, Engineering Institute of Canada, 2020
Mrs. Cheung is the course instructor for ENGR 217: Engineering Design II.
Research and Expertise
• Ethics, Equity and Diversity
• Renewable Energy
• Engineering Pedagogy
- Natural Hazards
- Natural Resources
Hydrotechnical engineering, bridge design, hydroelectric development, water resource engineeringLanguages Spoken: