The Office of Graduate Administration is currently in the process of updating our forms to a new template. Our new forms will not alter the previous content but the format will be different. Please ensure you save a copy of all forms you submit to the Office of Graduate Administration.
Key Tips: Download forms first (do not complete in a web browser). Update your software. If working in VMWare, double check the form has not opened in Edge.
- Program Approval Forms
- Revision to Program Form
- Supervisory Committee Approval Form
- Supervisory Committee Revision Form
- GR 203.1/203.2 Masters/Doctoral Progress Report
- GR 203.3 NRES Progress Report (PhD. and Masters)
- Time Extension Request
- Leave of Absence Request
- GR 206: Withdrawal with Permission
- Continuation from Masters Student to a Doctoral Program
- Click here for domestic students seeking to complete coursework at UNBC attending a university in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan or Manitoba.
- Click here for domestic students seeking to complete coursework at UNBC attending a university in a province other than British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan or Manitoba.
- Click here for domestic students attending a Canadian university who wish to visit UNBC for the purposes of conducting research (not intending to take courses).
Non Defendable Projects/Practicums
- 6 months to 3 weeks Requirements for Defendable and Non-Defendable Requests
- GR 300: Formatting Guidelines for Theses/Dissertations/Projects
- GR 326: Comprehensive Exam Request Form
- GR 326a: DISM Comprehensive Exam Request Form
- GR 327: Notice of Non-Defendable Project/Practicum Form
- Request for Oral Examination (PhD)
- Declaration of Readiness for Oral Examation (PhD)
- Restricted Oral Examination Request Form
Guides and Information
- 6 months to 3 weeks Requirements for Defendable and Defendable Requests
- Title Page and Abstract Template (word version)
- Formatting Guidelines for Theses/Dissertations/Projects
- Policy on the Appointment of an External Examiner
- Definition of a Clear Pass
- Chair's Guidelines for Master's Degree Defences
- Chair's Guidelines for Doctoral Defences
- Award and Scholarship forms can be found on the Office of Research Website.