Introduction to Real-Time Virtual Support (RTVS)
Facilitators: Tom Skinner, Dave Harris
Location: Room # 6-305, *limited seating available*
Pathway: Innovative Healthcare, Technology, and Data Quality
Aim: To introduce concepts and tools used in accessing Real-Time Virtual Support peer pathways for clinical help in a rural setting.
In this workshop participants will be introduced to the Real-Time Virtual Support peer pathways. Rural providers in BC (physicians, midwives, residents, nurse practitioners, nurses etc.) can connect with on-call RTVS peer pathway providers at the click of a button. The virtual providers support the work of healthcare teams over Zoom or through a phone call and are available around the clock.
Learning Objectives: By the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand how to sign up for a free Zoom for Healthcare account, made possible through funding from the Joint Standing Committee on Rural Affairs
- Make a call to an RTVS provider over Zoom
- Appreciate the differences between the three main 24/7 instant access pathways: RUDi (Emergency), MaBAL (Maternity and Women’s Health) and CHARLiE (Pediatrics)
- Understand how to access the Quick Reply pathways for specialist care
- Feel more comfortable accessing just-in-time help.