For the September 2021 semester,
semester beginning September 7, 2021. Please email a digital photo of yourself any
time after August 3, 2021 from your UNBC email account along with your name and
student number and make sure it meets all the specifications and guidelines below.
Digital Photo Specifications/Guideline for UNBC ID Cards:
- Colour digital photograph
- Must show your whole head and the tops of your shoulders
- Plain white background
- Head coverings (e.g. hats, headphones or masks) are not allowed unless worn for religious beliefs or medical reasons
- Eyes are clearly visible, with no red eye
- Sunglasses may not be worn, but glasses are okay as long as your eyes are clearly visible
- Smiling is allowed!
- Photograph must reflect current appearance
- Photograph must not be altered in any way, but may be cropped prior to submission
- .jpg format
- Photograph sized at least 300 x 370 pixels at 300dpi
- Photo file is no larger than 6 MB
- Photo must be sent as an attachment, along with your student name and number, via your UNBC email account to: email@example.com
Please allow 3-5 business days for the creation & printing of your UNBC Student ID
UNBC ID Card Pick-up Requirements
You must pick up your UNBC Student ID card in person at the Cashier Office
commencing September 7, 2021, and you are required to present government
issued photo ID (i.e. driver’s license, passport) in order to receive it from us. As well,
you shall have paid your tuition and fees in full or made payment arrangements with the
Accounts Receivable office. The Cashier Office does not mail out UNBC ID Cards.
UNBC Student ID Card & U-Pass Information
Your UNBC Student ID is used:
- As a key card for student residing in UNBC Housing,
- A key card to access certain rooms and labs (your instructor will let you know if this
applies to you),
- To access services from the Geoffrey R. Weller (UNBC) Library,
- To sign up as a member with the Northern Sport Centre (if you paid the Intramural
Recreation and Fitness fee for the semester this includes a membership to the NSC
and Intramural programming offered by UNBC Athletics each semester),
- To release printing jobs and make copies/scans using Papercut (for self-serve printing/copying on campus),
- To pay using your BCC account with the UNBC Bookstore / Copy Centre, and
- To access on campus Food Services at the Agora Dining Hall (Meal Plan/Meal Deal) &
- Is your bus pass for unlimited access on all Prince George Transit routes, and
- Provides free access to the Prince George Aquatic Centre.
you must have paid your tuition and fees in full or made payment arrangements with the
Accounts Receivable office. Please email a digital photo of yourself from your UNBC
email account along with your name, student number, the reason you require a new ID
card and make sure the digital photo meets all the specifications and guidelines noted in
the Digital Photo Specifications/Guideline for UNBC ID Cards section.
International Student ID Card from the Canadian Federation of Students
In the meantime if you require student ID, you may obtain an International Student Identity Card. This card is available to full-time students for free as a benefit of membership to the Canadian Federation of Students. Members can order a free ISIC online at https://cfs-fcee.ca/services/#ISIC or by visiting your student union office (for Undergraduate students: NUGSS is located in the NUSC Building, office # 6-730; for Graduate students: NBCGSS is located on Student Success Street office # 7-168.