Students enrolled in lab courses that require the SLSO will automatically be enrolled in the SLSO and will be able to log in on the first day of classes. If the SLSO is not available to you in Blackboard after the first day of classes (when auto-enrollment occurs), please contact Risk & Safety Management with your name and username at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive access.
- You must complete a quiz which evaluates your understanding of this material. A minimum quiz score of 80% is required to pass and you are permitted three (3) attempts.
- You are required to participate in this program only once; therefore, it is important that you retain your Student Lab Safety Orientation (SLSO) decal for the duration of your academic program. Note: Due to a change to Hazardous Products Act, an additional mandatory WHMIS 2015 module (updated WHMIS) will become available later in the 2015 academic year.
- If you pass the quiz with a score of 80% or higher, you will be able to pick up your decal at the Cashiers’ Office after 9:00am the next business day (during their regular office hours).
- If you have passed the quiz and are unable to pick up your decal before your lab, print your quiz results and present it to your Lab Instructor.
- If you did not pass, you can attempt the quiz an additional two times. After three attempts, the quiz will lock, and you will need to contact Risk & Safety Management (safety @unbc.ca).
- If you lose your decal, visit Risk and Safety Management in person with your ID card to request another one.