UNBC Continuing Studies is pleased to announce a new professional development opportunity for those working in the meetings and events sector.
Offered in partnership with the Event Leadership Institute (ELI), these Certificate Courses will give students valuable knowledge key to working successfully in the ever-changing industry of planning meetings and events.
- Event and Meeting Management Fundamentals
- Virtual Event and Meeting Management
- Event Entrepreneurs: Business Foundations
Whether you are just beginning your career in this high-opportunity sector or want formal recognition of your skills and experience, this online training is flexible, practical and collaborative.
Over the last two years, event planning has transformed. While in-person events are returning, virtual and even hybrid, remains a popular and effective option. Enhance your expertise and responsiveness in all aspects of contemporary event planning - marketing, technology, budgets, site selection and more.
Instructors are leaders and innovators in planning events of all sizes and structure. They remain active in their field as consultants, educators and with professional associations.
For information on each Certificate Course and to sign-up, please follow the links above. You must register separately for each certificate you wish to complete.
Course registration is accepted up to ten business days before the start of the course. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you require assistance.
Need To Know
- Courses are delivered online.
- New lesson content is uploaded each week in video format. Lessons may be viewed at any time once they are released.
- Lesson videos can be completed at your own pace.
- Students are given an additional four weeks from certificate end to catch up.
- Students have access to class community forums to support each other.
- Live Q&A class meetings (Virtual Event & Meeting Management Certificate)
- Instructors assess the student's work and issue a grade. Minimum course passing grade is 75%.
- Instructors are available to answer questions at set times each week.
- Students must receive a passing grade in the course, for the course to qualify towards Certification.
After you've successfully completed the course and final exam, you'll be awarded your very own ELI Digital Credential showcasing your Certification.
You can display your digital credential on your social media profiles, website, and email signature.
Certificates qualify for continuing education credits with the Events Industry Council Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) designation.
Please note that courses may be cancelled at any time due to low enrolment. Upon cancellation, registrants will receive a full refund.
Personal Info Registration
Each course is delivered in partnership with Event Leadership Institute, and upon registration, your name and email address will be shared with the Event Leadership Institute to facilitate registration. Please read and review the following consent form prior to registering for the course.