UNBC’s Occupational Health & Safety Online Certificate for Practitioners teaches the knowledge, tools, and procedures you will need to build your OH&S professional career. Developed and taught by experienced instructors, this online certificate helps you establish fundamental skills to become an OH&S professional, enabling you to work in various industries.
Why Choose the Occupational Health & Safety Online Certificate?
- Self-paced curriculum: You determine the pace and duration it takes to finish. Approximate time to complete the certificate is 300 total hours.
- Easy-to-use Format: Video enhanced courses utilizing user interactions, activities and knowledge checks in an easy to navigate learning environment.
- Industry-focused qualifications: The OH&S Online Certificate currently fulfills the CRST certification academic requirements recognized by the Board of Canadian Registered Safety Professionals (BCRSP). (Requirements are subject to change). Learn More.
- Instant Course Access: Immediate course access the moment you are registered for the certificate.
- Responsive Program Support: From start to finish, our support staff are available to help with registration, coursework advisement, scheduling, technical support, and more.
Choose Your Payment Option
Payment Option #1
Pay $4,750 when you register for the complete OH&S Certificate. The textbook comes bundled with the option, at no additional cost.
Payment Option #2
Pay and learn as you go. Register on a course-by-course basis at a cost of $765 per course. Perfect for upgrading skills. Find your course below. (Textbook is required; cost not included in course prices)
- OH&S 1 - Occupational Health & Safety Fundamentals
- OH&S 2 - Legislation: Acts & Regulations
- OH&S 3 - Hazard Analysis, Risk Assessment & Control
- OH&S 4 - Ergonomics for Injury Prevention & Accommodation
- OH&S 5 - Hazardous Materials & Occupational Hygiene
- OH&S 6 - Fire Safety Planning & Systems
- OH&S 7 - Safety Inspections
- OH&S 8 - Accident Investigation & Reporting
- OH&S 9 - Emergency Preparedness & Response
- OH&S 10 - Safety Program Design & Analysis
Important Information for Students Seeking their CRSP® Certification
This certificate fulfills the academic requirements for the Canadian Registered Safety Technician (CRST)® Certification. Students that continue on to complete a health and safety diploma after this program, would meet the minimum academic requirements for the Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP)® certification. For details about the CRST and CRSP requirements, visit the Board of Canadian Registered Safety Professionals website here.
Laddering Your OH&S Certificate
The UNBC Occupational Health & Safety Certificate meets the admission prerequisite for the Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety at the University of New Brunswick (UNB). To learn more about laddering into UNB’s Diploma in OHS, please visit their website here: Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety.
- Online courses are non-refundable.