UNBC is proactively addressing the coronavirus pandemic and working in collaboration with public health organizations and various government ministries.
This website provides up-to-date information specific to the UNBC community, links to other organizations, and helpful resources.
- All campuses are open.
- Many campus services have been modified.
- Student housing remains open.
- Schedules are available for viewing with timetable and instructor information.
- Registration is open. The updated schedule indicates the location and delivery modes for all Winter courses.
- All courses for the Winter semester are being delivered using alternative forms of delivery and assessment.
- Members of the University community are expected to wear masks in public spaces.
- Child Care Centre is open. Child Care Centre updates
Visiting a UNBC campus, site or location?
Please conduct a health check self-assessment before arriving.
Latest update from the President
March 30, 2021
As we approach the Easter long weekend and the last few weeks of classes of the Winter semester, it is important to remind ourselves that following COVID-19 safety protocols such as wearing mandatory face masks in public indoor settings, physical distancing and limiting the size of indoor gatherings to our own households, are absolutely necessary to prevent the spread of the disease any further.
On Monday March 29, Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry announced a “circuit breaker” over the next three weeks to slow the rapidly rising COVID-19 cases, along with additional restrictions around indoor adult group fitness classes that affect the Northern Sport Centre.
Dr. Henry is encouraging us all to work from home, where possible and to limit our travel for work or medical reasons. Dine-in service at restaurants, bars and pubs is also prohibited, except for outdoor patios. Take-out and delivery services are still available. This is not directed at the cafeteria at the Prince George campus, as a cafeteria for residents attending an educational institution it is exempt from this order.
As the COVID-19 vaccination roll-out continues, we have to continue to be diligent and stay the course of following all local, provincial, federal and international health and safety guidelines to ensure a safe return to campus in September.
In today’s update:
- Northern Sport Centre
- Vaccinations for clinically extremely vulnerable
- Virtual Convocation
- September return to campus