Our campuses remain open. Some department service levels have changed in order to support public health.
Career Services, Co-operative Education, Academic Success Centre, and Student Life are all open. Service delivery may look different, but services and supports will be easily accessible and make sense for students, regardless of how courses are delivered.
Preparing our physical spaces
While the majority of us are working remotely, for those who do come to campus, you will notice new signage, floor decals etc. meant to provide visual cues regarding physical distancing. We have conducted a thorough audit of our spaces, developed new room occupancy limits, and suggested seating arrangements denoted by large stickers on tables and the floor to make maximum use of our available spaces. We’ve posted signs at each entrance providing basic instructions as well. If you visit, please pay attention to these visual cues to help ensure the continued safety of our community members.
The University is making decisions regarding face-to-face service availability, such as Housing and Food Services, based on direction from the Provincial Health Officer and WorkSafeBC, and as part of a broader, post-secondary sector response. Given the constantly evolving situation, the University is making every effort to ensure that key services are available, even if they are done so remotely. Information regarding specific services will be provided as it becomes available.
Many units are offering online service delivery. For example, Student Life offers many online student activities such as Leadership Development workshops, yoga, art classes, trivia nights, cooking classes and many more. The Academic Success Centre offers a full range of study, learning, tutoring supports and Supplemental Instruction, which will be available online in a variety of ways. This information will change over time as our community’s response to the pandemic evolves.
Campus Services Status
- Athletics and Recreation
- Awards and Financial Aid
- Book store
- Campus tours
- Cashier office
- Childcare Centre
- Copy services
- Courses, exams, and registration
- Food services
- Conference and Event Services
- Housing and Residence Life
- Northern Sport Centre
- Office of Graduate Programs
- Office of the Registrar
- Parking services
- Sodexo cleaning services
- Wellness Centre
- Admissions are proceeding as normal.
- Intramurals have been cancelled for the Winter semester.
- Athletics Office Hours: Monday, Wednesday, Friday – 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Contact email@example.com for anything regarding Timberwolves Athletics
- Scholarship and award offers are proceeding, however, there have been slight delays to some award categories.
- Campus tours are currently suspended.
- Virtual tours are to be scheduled in April and May.
- In-person service available
- Available for processing refunds and payments via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or returned voicemail message at 250-960-5631
- Open, please limit to one customer at a time
- Available by phone and email
- Registration for the Winter semester is open and the delivery mode for all classes is available.
- The Fall and Winter schedules are available for viewing.
- Very few in-person classes or lectures will take place in the Fall and Winter semesters.
Office hours have been reduced for picking up access devices and to program ID cards.
Monday and Wednesday: 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: Closed
- Tim Hortons: Closed Until Further Notice
- Garden Market (formerly Stackers Market): Closed Until Further Notice
- Agora Dining Hall: Open
- Degrees Coffee Co: Open (T&L Atrium)
- Catering Service: To place an order, email: email@example.com
- Guest Accommodation is available for UNBC Students, Departments, and Programs. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire. All inquiries are subject to approval by UNBC Housing.
- Room booking requests for UNBC Students, Departments, and Programs should be submitted with the Internal Room Booking Form: unbc.ca/conference/room-booking. More information about COVID-19 safety protocols for campus spaces is provided with the Room Booking Form.
- Catering Service is available for UNBC Students, Departments, and Programs.
Please email: email@example.com to inquire.
- UNBC Residence will be open at 50% occupancy for the Fall and Winter semesters.
- Housing applications are currently being accepted.
- At this time there have been no changes to housing offer timelines.
- The first floor of the library is open, Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Saturday from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m., and Sunday from 12 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- The second, third, and fourth floors are closed to the public.
- Study rooms are available for booking and the first-floor computer lab is open.
- Book requests can be submitted online and picked up at the Library’s front desk during opening hours.
- Closed to in-person service
- Students can email firstname.lastname@example.org for support
- Open for in-person service, one person at a time during regular business hours (8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.).
General service: email@example.com
Student advising: firstname.lastname@example.org (for program questions and degree progression)
Course registration: email@example.com
Graduate programs: firstname.lastname@example.org
Paper forms: Submit via the drop box
Pay parking is in effect.
Parking Services has temporarily suspended the issuance of student semester, monthly, and carpool hang tag permits. Parking can be paid for via the pay stations, E-Permit, and Pay by Phone.
Sodexo staff have been cleaning with a heightened focus on all touch surfaces. Sodexo is using an Ecolab Peroxide Disinfectant all-surface cleaner to disinfect all surfaces. Particular attention is being paid to high-touch surfaces such as railings, doors, door handles and push bars, light and elevator switches, classroom desks, meeting room tables, chairs, ledges, etc. Sodexo also performs deep cleaning in all areas of main campus including windows, washing walls, scrubbing/polishing floors getting into corners & under benches and steam cleaning carpets & soft seating.
Deep cleaning has also been performed at the Wood Innovation Research Lab (WIRL) and the Northern Sport Centre (NSC) including a deep scrub of the track, high dusting and the change rooms / showers. Sodexo is cleaning the equipment in Zones 3 & 4 nightly with a spray disinfectant.
They continue to ensure washrooms are maintained throughout the day with an attention to touch surfaces and they are deep-cleaned nightly. Common areas are attended to multiple times throughout the day.
- Available by phone or email
- Closed to in-person service unless medically necessary
Counselling Services: 250-960-6369
Health Services Medical Clinic: 250-960-6370