Our campuses remain open.
Effective August 25, 2021 by order of the Provincial Health Officer, masks are now required to be worn on campus in all indoor public areas on campus including lobbies, hallways, stairwells, elevators, classrooms, labs as well as within the Library, Bookstore and Northern Sport Centre.
The Career Centre, Co-operative Education, Academic Success Centre and Student Life are all open. Service delivery may look different, but services and supports will be easily accessible and make sense for students.
Preparing our physical spaces
When you come to campus, you may notice new signs, floor decals, etc. meant to provide visual cues regarding physical distancing. We’ve posted signs at each entrance providing basic instructions as well. If you visit, please pay attention to these visual cues to help ensure the continued safety of our community members.
The University is making decisions regarding face-to-face service availability, such as Housing and Food Services, based on direction from the Provincial Health Officer and WorkSafeBC, and as part of a broader, post-secondary sector response. Given the constantly evolving situation, the University is making every effort to ensure that key services are available; information regarding specific services will be provided as it becomes available.
Campus services status
- Athletics and Recreation
- Awards and Financial Aid
- Campus tours
- Cashier office
- Childcare Centre
- Copy Services
- Finance department
- Food Services
- Conference and Event Services
- Housing and Residence Life
- Northern Sport Centre
- Office of Graduate Programs
- Office of the Registrar
- Parking services
- Sodexo cleaning services
- Wellness Centre
- Admissions are proceeding as normal.
- Athletics office hours: Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for anything regarding Timberwolves Athletics.
- Scholarship and award offers are proceeding, however, there have been slight delays to some award categories.
- As provincial regulations now allow, UNBC is resuming in-person guided campus tours of our Prince George campus.
- In-person service available.
- Available for processing refunds and payments via email at email@example.com or returned voicemail message at 250-960-5631.
- Please limit to one customer at a time.
- Available by phone and email
Office hours are available for picking up access devices and programming ID cards.
Monday to Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- In-person service by appointment only.
- For general inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For questions regarding student accounts, please email email@example.com or call 250-960-6390.
- Tim Hortons: Open
- Agora Dining Hall: Open
- Catering Service: Open. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to place an order.
- Garden Market (formerly Stackers Market): Closed until further notice.
- Col Juicery: Northern Sport Centre location is open.
- Degrees Coffee Co: Teaching and Learning Atrium location is open; NUSC Building location opens September 2021.
- Thirsty Moose Pub: Opens September 2021.
- Guest Accommodation is now closed for the season. Please visit our accommodation webpage or email email@example.com to inquire.
- Room booking requests for UNBC students, departments and programs should be submitted with the room booking form. More information about safety protocols for campus spaces can be found on the room booking form.
- Catering Service for UNBC students, departments and programs is available. Please contact Catering Manager, Mona Ayer, at firstname.lastname@example.org to place an order.
- UNBC Housing is ready to welcome you to campus!
- The Library is open.
- Students can email email@example.com for support.
- Open for in-person service during regular business hours (8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.).
General service: firstname.lastname@example.org
Student advising: email@example.com (for program questions and degree progression)
Course registration: firstname.lastname@example.org
Graduate programs: email@example.com
Paper forms: Submit via the drop box
Paid parking is in effect at the Prince George campus and the Northern Sport Centre. Short-term and long-term parking can be paid for via the pay stations, E-Permit or Pay-by-Phone.
Sodexo staff have been cleaning with a heightened focus on all touch surfaces. Sodexo is using an Ecolab Peroxide Disinfectant all-surface cleaner to disinfect all surfaces. Particular attention is being paid to high-touch surfaces such as railings, doors, door handles and push bars, light and elevator switches, classroom desks, meeting room tables, chairs, ledges, etc. Sodexo also performs deep cleaning in all areas of main campus including windows, washing walls, scrubbing/polishing floors getting into corners & under benches and steam cleaning carpets & soft seating.
Deep cleaning has also been performed at the Wood Innovation Research Lab (WIRL) and the Northern Sport Centre including a deep scrub of the track, high dusting and the change rooms / showers. Sodexo is cleaning the equipment in Zones 3 & 4 nightly with a spray disinfectant.
They continue to ensure washrooms are maintained throughout the day with an attention to touch surfaces and they are deep-cleaned nightly. Common areas are attended to multiple times throughout the day.
- Available by phone or email.
- The Medical Clinic is open for in-person service.
- Counselling Services and Access Resource Centre are open for in-person service.
Counselling Services: 250-960-6369
Health Services Medical Clinic: 250-960-6370