ITS Maintenance Digest - Week of March 12th to March 18th
ITS Maintenance/Information for this week:
This is your weekly digest of system maintenance/information and downtime. All notices are also posted on the myUNBC Student Portal (Ellucian Experience), our.unbc. ca for Employees, support.unbc.ca and on unbc.ca /its. Please see one of these locations for maintenance notices.
ITS Maintenance Notice: Tuesday, March 14th || Time: 10:00pm to 12:00am
Papercut Upgrade: During this maintenance, printing/scanning/copying will be unavailable.
ITS Maintenance Notice: Thursday, March 16th || Time: 10:00pm to 2:00am
Oracle Database Upgrade - Systems unavailable during this maintenance:
- FAST – fast.unbc.ca
ITS Maintenance Notice: Saturday, March 18th || Time: 7:00am to 7:00pm
Banner Upgrade - Systems Unavailable during this maintenance:
- Banner Admin Pages – BANPROD, BPREPROD, BQAWEEK
- UNBC Online Services (Student, Alumni and Employee)
- Ellucian Experience/Student Portal
- UNBC Password Management Services
- UNBC Online Phone List
ITS Information Notice: SharePoint On-Premises will be discontinued March 28th
All UNBC SharePoint On-Premises sites (our.unbc.ca / intranet.unbc.ca) will be shut down and the content migrated to SharePoint Online (gounbc.sharepoint.com) by UNBC ITS.
Note: This does not affect myUNBC/Ellucian Experience (https://experience.elluciancloud.ca/unbc/)
Why do we need to take this action?
SharePoint On-Premises will no longer receive maintenance and security updates from Microsoft as of April 2023, which means that continued use will become highly risky. Consequently, we will discontinue this service by March 28th, 2023.
Note: If you opted out of your SharePoint On-Premises site being migrated then you can disregard the following actions below.
Actions required by Site Owners
- Examine your SharePoint Online site and confirm that none of the content is missing/broken.
- Update any web page links, bookmarks, or documentation which direct people to the old location, to use the new location instead.
- If your site has any Workflows, please re-publish them. This will reduce the number of issues that occur post migration.
- Alerts were NOT migrated. Please advise the users of your site that they will need to recreate any Alerts they are using.
- Please co-ordinate with the members of your site on all these Actions.
- Migration Overview: https://unbc.teamdynamix.com/TDClient/87/Portal/KB/ArticleDet?ID=4879
- Best Practices for Data Storage: https://unbc.teamdynamix.com/TDClient/87/Portal/KB/ArticleDet?ID=4248
Who do I contact if I have questions or concerns?
Please send questions and concerns to SharePointMigration@unbc.ca and a member of the project team will get back to you.
Thank you for your assistance while we keep our systems maintained and secure. If there are any questions, please contact the IT Service Desk using the information below.
IT Service Desk Contact Information:
- Telephone: 250-960-5321
- Toll Free: 866-960-5321
- Email: email@example.com
- Web: unbc.ca/its
- Customer Support Portal: support.unbc.ca
- Service Desk hours: Monday - Friday 8:00am to 4:00pm
- Closed daily from 12:00pm to 12:30pm
- Located on the second floor of the Teaching Lab, room 8-264.