The PARE test stands for Physical Abilities Requirement Evaluation. It is used by law enforcement agencies and government departments throughout Canada. Participants may take the test at the NSC for official results or for practice.
Pre-registration is required. Test takes place 7:00am - 11:00am on the dates below. Cost is $120.00 per test.
- Friday, January 27
- Friday, June 2
- Friday, September 22
- Saturday, December 16
Dates are subject to change.
We may be able to offer custom PARE testing dates. Please call David at 250 960 5263 to discuss price and availability.
Pre Test Requirements
- Be physically active for at least two months (3 - 5 cardiovascular training sessions per week, moderate to vigorous level).
- Abstain from smoking for at least two hours.
- Abstain from caffeine products for at least two hours.
- Abstain from use short-acting bronchodilators for at least two hours. Bring their short-acting bronchodilator with them if they need it post-test. Confirm the location with the PARE administrator.
- Abstain from alcohol for at least six hours.
- Abstain from using stimulants for at least 24 hours eg. products containing ephedrine, pseudoephedrine, ephedra.
- Abstain from any vigorous exercise within 24 hours.
PARE Participants must bring:
- Completed PAR-Q form.
- Original Driver's License or similar photo ID.