The PARE test stands for Physical Abilities Requirement Evaluation. It is used by law enforcement agencies and government departments throughout Canada. Participants may take the test at the NSC for official results or for practice.
Due to Covid-19 we will not be offering testing until further notice.
Pre Test Requirements
- Be physically active for at least two months (3 - 5 cardiovascular training sessions per week, moderate to vigorous level).
- Abstain from smoking for at least two hours.
- Abstain from caffeine products for at least two hours.
- Abstain from use short-acting bronchodilators for at least two hours. Bring their short-acting bronchodilator with them if they need it post-test. Confirm the location with the PARE administrator.
- Abstain from alcohol for at least six hours.
- Abstain from using stimulants for at least 24 hours eg. products containing ephedrine, pseudoephedrine, ephedra.
- Abstain from any vigorous exercise within 24 hours.
PARE Participants must bring:
- Original and copy of the PARE Medical Clearance form.
- Completed PAR-Q form.
- Original Driver's License or similar photo ID.