Digital Media Skills Certificate
This general certificate in digital media skills provides the greatest flexibility for students interested in developing their skills in graphic and web design, as well as animation and interactive media platforms.
Students are able to customize their study while learning core skills in digital media. Courses emphasize design and creativity while providing in depth technical and software training.
Students will develop skills in digital content production, interaction design, and storytelling skills, while enriching their understanding of art, media, and culture. This certificate is not for university degree credit.
Choose minimum five courses required from the list below:
Becoming a Content Creator: Advanced Social Media Marketing for Creative Entrepreneurs
Colour Theory for Digital Design
Digital Toolkit for Illustrators
Game Design Studio: Introduction to Unity
Gizmology: Introduction to Electronics with Arduino
Graphic Design: Past, Present, and Future
Inclusive Design for Digital Media
Intermediate User Interface (UI) and User Experience (UX) Design
ntroduction to 3D Animation with Blender
Introduction to Adobe Photoshop
Introduction to Adobe Lightroom
Introduction to Adobe InDesign
Introduction to Adobe After Effects
Introduction to Adobe Illustrator
Introduction to Autodesk Fusion 360
Introduction to Data Visualization
Introduction to Designing AI Applications
Introduction to Digital Photography
Introduction to Revit Architecture
Introduction to User Interface (UI) and User Experience (UX) Design
Introduction to Wearable Media
Social Media Marketing for Creative Professionals
Working with your OCAD U Account
As a student, you will receive an OCAD U user account, which will grant you access to the OCAD U learning management system, called Canvas.
Your Canvas account will be enabled one week prior to the start date of your course. Login at canvas.ocadu.ca.
Contact email@example.com for assistance with using your Canvas account.
Other questions about Certificates and registration? We are here to help - contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For online courses, students must complete and turn in all assigned material.
- Instructors assess the student's work and issue a grade of pass or fail. Students must receive a passing grade in the course for the course to qualify for the certificate.
- Students must complete five distinct qualifying courses within three years. One of these courses may be a qualifying course from any of the other OCAD U Continuing Studies certificates.
- Successfully completed courses can be applied towards one certificate only.
- Students must register with OCAD U to be eligible for the certificate program. Registration can be done at any time before, during or after completing the requirements.
- When students have completed all certificate requirements within the prescribed time limit, they will be able to download a printable PDF file of their certificate.
This program is offered in partnership with
Ontario College of Art and Design University (OCAD U).
Please note that courses may be cancelled at any time due to low enrolment. Upon cancellation, registrants will receive a full refund.