Introduction to Adobe Illustrator
This is a hands-on, fast-paced course where students gain the technical skills to create sophisticated vector graphics for a range of art and design projects using Adobe Illustrator.
For online Adobe classes, students are responsible for purchasing their own software for class. For online Adobe classes, students are responsible for purchasing their own software for class. Trial versions of the software are sometimes available on the company website, but at this time there are no discounts available for Continuing Studies students.
This course is offered in partnership with OCAD University to offer a wide range of courses for enhancing your career expertise in web, design, photography, analytics, and technology.
Working with your OCAD U account
As a student, you will receive an OCAD U user account, which will grant you access to the OCAD U learning management system, called Canvas. Your Canvas account will be enabled one week prior to the start date of your course.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with using your account.
Many OCAD U courses can be applied towards a certificate. Explore to learn more.
Note that students seeking a certificate must register with OCAD U via the APPLY link on the page for the certificate concerned.
Contact email@example.com for questions concerning certificates available or to confirm your chosen set of courses will qualify.
- Differentiate and navigate between relevant vocabularies of both Bitmap and especially Vector graphics and understand their structure, organization, content creation and visual communication, in the construction of unique Abobe Illustrator CC designs
- Interpret the contextual uses of digital design formats and apply Abobe Illustrator CC techniques to visually communicate their vision to their audiences
- Demonstrate critical knowledge of Abobe Illustrator CC by studying and skillfully applying the full range of the software’s creation and editing capabilities to create their own design
- Create design solutions using thoughtful, visual communication
- Critique their preliminary work using professional examples and develop the visual acuity to plan the best revisions for their own final Abobe Illustrator CC designs
- Six online sessions
- Karen Justl
Please note that courses may be cancelled at any time due to low enrolment. Upon cancellation, registrants will receive a full refund.