Introduction to Adobe Photoshop
This shorter course is designed specifically to introduce students to the key concepts and basic tools used in Adobe Photoshop. Topics include image resolution, using layers, modifying and transforming selections, image editing and adjustments using layers and filters, and output parameters and protocol for web, devices and print.
For online Adobe classes, students are responsible for purchasing their own software for class. Trial versions of the software are sometimes available on the company website, but at this time there are no discounts available for Continuing Studies students.
This course is offered in partnership with OCAD University to offer a wide range of courses for enhancing your career expertise in web, design, photography, analytics, and technology.
Working with your OCAD U Account
As a student, you will receive an OCAD U user account, which will grant you access to the OCAD U learning management system, called Canvas. Your Canvas account will be enabled one week prior to the start date of your course. Login at canvas.ocadu.ca.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with using your account.
Many OCAD U courses can be applied towards a certificate. Explore to learn more.
Note that students seeking a certificate must register with OCAD U via the APPLY link on the page for the certificate concerned.
Contact email@example.com for questions concerning certificates available or to confirm your chosen set of courses will qualify.
- Differentiate between relevant vocabularies of digital formats by exploring the structure, organization, content creation and visual communication, possible via unique Adobe Photoshop CC designs
- Interpret the contextual uses of digital design formats and apply Adobe Photoshop CC techniques to visually construct and communicate their vision to audiences
- Demonstrate critical knowledge of Adobe Photoshop CC by studying and skillfully applying the full range of the software’s creation and editing capabilities to create their own design
- Create Photoshop CC designs using thoughtful, visual communication
- Critique their preliminary work using professional examples and develop the visual acuity to plan the best revisions for their own final Adobe Photoshop CC designs
- Four online classroom sessions
- Otino Corsano
Please note that courses may be cancelled at any time due to low enrolment. Upon cancellation, registrants will receive a full refund.