This micro-credential provides students with the essential skills required to produce high quality online video content. Students learn software skills in video and audio editing, video and audio effects, and animation, using Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe After Effects.
Micro-credential includes two courses:
Register at least two business days in advance of each course.
This stackable micro-credential can be applied towards the Continuing Studies certificate in Photography, Video, and Animation Studio Skills as two qualifying courses.
What is a Micro-Credential?
Micro-credentials are short, focused credentials that verify mastery of a skill or competency, and are designed to target high-demand skills, leading to faster hiring.
Micro-credentials are awarded in a digital form, which is verified, secure and shareable with peers, employers and educational providers.
Micro-credentials are not for university degree credit.
Working with your OCAD U Account
As a student, you will receive an OCAD U user account, which will grant you access to the OCAD U learning management system, called Canvas.
Your Canvas account will be enabled one week prior to the start date of your course. Login at canvas.ocadu.ca.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance using your Canvas account.
Other questions about Micro-Credentials and registration? We are here to help - contact email@example.com.
- Students must complete the two qualifying courses within twelve months.
- Students must submit the online micro-credential request form along with the administrative fee to obtain the micro-credential and digital badge.
- Instructors assess the student's work and issue a grade of pass or fail.
- Students must receive a passing grade in the course, for the course to qualify for the micro-credential.
- Manage media and basic workflows in video editing and motion graphic software
- Create video effects and transitions
- Import and export audio and video files and understand the difference between file formats
- Mix audio elements, adjust audio levels, and add audio transitions
- Perform color adjustments and level corrections to video clips
- Add text, titles, captions, and kinetic typography
- Create keyframe based animations
- Work with bitmap images and vector graphics in video
- Create high quality, accessible, video content for broadcast and online distribution
Please note that courses may be cancelled at any time due to low enrolment. Upon cancellation, registrants will receive a full refund.