Jet Boat Safety Course
This two-day Jet Boat Safety course will provide participants with specific skills and knowledge that will allow them to make an informed decision about their own safety, the safety of any crew members, as well as the safety of the boat.
Developed by individuals with more than 25 years of commercial and recreational operations, this course will increase the knowledge of workers who are working high and low-danger river areas. Working with jet boats and the areas in which they operate can have high-risk situations, which could develop rather fast with serious consequences.
NOTE: This is an introductory course. If you have 100+ hours of jet boat experience, consider Advanced Jet Boat Safety.
Jet Boat Safety is also available as a custom offering. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a course date and time that works for you and your employees.
- Become familiarized with safety equipment, boat and engine maintenance, and other gear, through demonstration and actual use
- Hands-on, on-the-water training in techniques specifically designed to safely master the unique steering, acceleration, and rate of speed attained by these craft
- Learn to navigate unique features of rivers
- Safety - Regulations - Responsibility - River navigation
- Equipment knowledge - boat courtesy and ethics - pre-planning - operational plans
- Start up procedures
- Reading water
- Knots - Hazards - Boat maintenance
- 8:30am - 4:00pm
- Class and river instruction
- Fred Seiler
All students who can demonstrate the safe operation of a jet boat in a variety of river conditions will be issued a Jet Boat Safety Certificate from the University of Northern British Columbia.
Please note that courses may be cancelled at any time due to low enrolment. Upon cancellation, registrants will receive a full refund.