Fire Line Safety Awareness
Fire Line Safety Awareness provides students with the background knowledge and skill set to work as a Type 3 (entry level) firefighter on BC wildfires. This two-day course prepares prospective firefighters with the necessary understanding of hazard awareness and safety knowledge they need to work safely on the fire line.
Participants learn basic knowledge of firefighting techniques and an introduction to the tools and equipment they will be expected to work with on the fire line.
This course is only available as a custom offering. Please contact us at email@example.com to set up a course date and time that works for you and your employees.
Students will also earn the necessary professional qualifications:
- Type 3 firefighter
- S-100 Basic Fire Suppression & Safety Certificate
- S-185 Fire Entrapment Avoidance & Safety Certificate
- Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHMIS) and Transportation of Dangerous Good refreshers
- Fire behaviour, fire line organization, fire line safety
- Suppression techniques, ignition & back burning
- Fire line equipment & tools
- Aircraft & helicopter safety
- S-100 – Basic Fire Suppression & Safety
- S185 – Fire Entrapment Avoidance
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) refresher
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) refresher
- Introduction to fire line tools, equipment and proper methods of use
Students are to bring Government Issued ID, a pen and work boots. Students are to provide their own transportation, if required, to go to a field site.