The use of mass timber is growing in BC, bringing jobs in construction, design, and fabrication.
This course introduces mass-timber products, including their primary uses and manufacturing processes. Students use a vacuum press to make a cross-laminated timber (CLT) panel. Important nuances to consider when manufacturing mass-timber products are explained, and factors affecting quality assurance are discussed for different types of mass-timber products. Fasteners used in mass-timber product manufacturing, including glues, are reviewed. Workflow and material preparation appropriate to individual products are explained. If time permits, cursory strength testing of student-produced panels will be undertaken.
This course is being delivered in person at the UNBC Prince George campus. It can be taken on its own or as a component of the Mass Timber Development Micro-credential.
- Understand how mass-timber products are manufactured
- Understand the intricacies of specific quality assurances required with different products
- Use a vacuum press to create a CLT panel, including material and glue application
- Understand fasteners used in mass-timber product manufacturing including glues
- Understand workflow and material prep as they relate to individual products
Please note that courses may be cancelled at any time due to low enrolment. Upon cancellation, registrants will receive a full refund.
The $250 promotional prices is for this year only.