Mass Timber - Digital Manufacturing (CNC)
The use of mass timber is growing in BC, bringing jobs in construction, design, and fabrication.
Digital Manufacturing provides hands-on experiences with both a CNC machine and a robot, building on the online courses Advanced Manufacturing Techniques I and II. After a brief recap of advanced manufacturing, this course provides demonstrations of safety features, onboard tools, calibration, and range of motion applicable to an industrial scale CNC machine and a KUKA robot. After an introduction to the controllers and interfacing with the machines, participants have the opportunity to operate both machines.
This course is being delivered in person at the UNBC Prince George campus. It can be taken on its own or as a component of the Mass Timber Development Micro-credential.
- Understand the role that CNC machines and robots play in advanced manufacturing
- Calibrate and safely operate a CNC machine
- Calibrate and safely operate a KUKA robot
- Understand and be able to control onboard tools
- Understand range of motion of both a CNC machine and a robot
Please note that courses may be cancelled at any time due to low enrolment. Upon cancellation, registrants will receive a full refund.
The $250 promotional prices is for this year only.