The use of mass timber is growing in BC, bringing jobs in construction, design, and fabrication.
CAD 2 builds on CAD 1 or prior exposure to the Cadwork® software package. As with CAD 1, this course focusses on providing specialized solutions for the mass-timber industry. Advanced 3D modeling features that speed up the modeling process are explored. A better understanding of the linkages between 3D and 2D models is achieved, and participants are shown tips and tricks for 2D drawing generation including automating the export of drawings. Participants also learn to create freeform geometry and more effectively incorporate Cadwork® into workflow.
This course is being delivered in person at the UNBC Prince George campus. It can be taken on its own or as a component of the Mass Timber Development Micro-Credential.
- Improve modeling efficiency through use of advanced features of the software
- Create free-form geometry
- Utilize advanced features (e.g. container blocks, etc.)
- Increase efficiency and automation of 2D drawing export and document creation
- Apply advanced modeling techniques to sample structure(s)
- 9:00am - 4:30pm
Please note that courses may be cancelled at any time due to low enrolment. Upon cancellation, registrants will receive a full refund.
The $250 promotional price is for the 2022-23 school year only.