Wildlife Monitoring Certificate
The Wildlife Monitoring Certificate provides introductory qualifications to get you started as a wildlife monitor. Wildlife monitors are professionals responsible for maintaining the safety of crews working in wilderness environments and keeping them aware of the wildlife around them. As more and more remote industrial developments occur in the region so has the increased demand for monitoring. With the Wildlife Monitoring Certificate you can acquire relevant wildlife skills and knowledge for potential use in remote mining, forestry, oil and gas, and LNG projects.
A career in wildlife monitoring is not for the faint of heart. Participants must be physically fit and comfortable being around predators to succeed in this awesome career.
This course is also available as a custom offering for employers and organizations. Please contact email@example.com for details.
- Conduct predator and bear awareness
- Examine predator lifecycles
- Assess wildlife hazards and wildlife risk
- Understand seasonality, avoidance, and mitigation tools
- Practice deterrent, firearms and procedures training
- Helicopter safety
- Examine plant ecology
- Understand health and safety
- Practice reporting, report writing and field communications
- Review legislation, policy, and roles and responsibilities
- Fred Seiler
Hard hat, high visibility vest, safety footwear, outdoor-appropriate clothes, notebook, and pens/pencils.
Please note that courses may be cancelled at any time due to low enrolment. Upon cancellation, registrants will receive a full refund.